Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Nobody's Barrister Stays Flat



(Supposedly O.V. Wright's son. Spend a day trying to figure it out, once you've solved the Russell Westbrook Challenge.)

Not that I ever really feel like I'm a part of the NBA, but these last two weeks, I've definitely been hovering above it all, occasionally swooping in to either scavenge or dent my beak on the sidewalk. But soon this will all be over, and I will be reduced to that monk-like state of poring over games, rumors, and box scores as if my ka depended on it (or ba, who fucking knows).

But the purpose of this post is one last book tour announcement: Tonight, at Sugar Lounge in Red Hook, we'll provide running commentary on the Bulls/Knicks game, until everyone gets too drunk, we run out of things to say, and the whole thing deteriorates into a celebration of basketball in its least pure form. Hope you can make it!

IF YOU LOVE ME YOU WILL FIND A WAY

We'll probably post some audio/video from our other stops as it becomes available, because some of them were pretty good. For now, here I am appearing on the CBC program Q, discussing the subject of THE COMEBACK in sports and pop culture. My segment's about halfway in, I'm badly tired and have a cold that makes mics trembles. Might be some food for talk in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment