Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Let's Take a Walk With Zim!

Tail wags, dear readers - it's me, Stormy! In the mornings, the redheads take Dad on a nice, long walk for their big exercise of the day. During that time, Dave and I take Mom on a shorter one. In the afternoon, we all usually get to do something with Mom - whether it's going out on a cool adventure, playing in the yard, or going on another walk from the house. One of my favorite things to do is take a walk with Zim! And Mom. Zim never rushes me and loves to take time to enjoy each and every thing along the way. I know many of you would love to go walking with Zim, too, so I had Mom shoot some pix to show you what it's like! Ready to go? Let's take a walk with Zim!

Here we are from the other day, heading down the street:

DSCN4204 Zim and Storm
Zim and me (Stormy)

You can tell Zim is already looking around for some fun, can't you? Predictably enough, on our way home, Zim spotted one of our kitty-cat friends and stopped. Here's a collage:

CollageZimStormCatWatch

I never did see the kitty, nor did Mom, but Zim knew he was out there. It was probably our friend the Calico Cat. She's a bit more shy than the other kits in the neighborhood. You can see Zim was doing his utmost to win her over and have her come over to visit!

Apparently when Ammy and/or Dave go with Zim on afternoon walkies, they aren't quite as patient with him while he communes with his friends. Me? I'm happy to take a little breather - plus I love kit-cats like Zim does. (One of my best friends back at Ft. Riley was a beautiful Siamese named Kit!) But then there comes a time when we do need to head back to Ao4 Headquarters.

DSCN4224 Storm
Come on, Zim. Let's head home.

As a leader, it's up to me to ... lead.

DSCN4226 Zim
I sure was hoping the Calico kit-cat would come over, Storm!
Can't we go back and try again?

Sheesh. Do you see that Sad Look he's doing in that photo above? Enough to break your heart! Who taught him that?!?! Oh... ha roo roo roo! Right. It was me. Well, I couldn't even look at him, or I would have caved. He's really got that one down, doesn't he?

DSCN4225 Storm
We'll try again tomorrow, Zim.

We haven't seen the Calico since then, but we have made friends with a black and white kitty! She's even followed us home and hangs out in our yard now! We'll try to get Mom to take her picture.

Hope you enjoyed our walk with Zim. I know I always love it!

Tail wags,
Storms

No comments:

Post a Comment