Saturday, March 13, 2010

Photo Tag!

Woo, everypup and everycat. It's me, Dave, here with a fun game of tag from our friend Dory. Maybe from her brother Bilbo, too - I'm not sure. Anyway, we're supposed to open our first photo folder, scroll down to the 10th photo, post that photo and tell the story behind it, then tag 5 more bloggers.

We have so many photos in so many places that we didn't quite know which folder to choose! We decided to go to the first chronological folder in our FlickR stuff and look in there - and it just happened to be my Haik-woo. I'll post the 10th one, then explain:

Dave's haik-woo 10
Haik-Woo #10

I used to write poetry - Haik-woo - and the tenth one is about Stormy!

So what is Haik-woo? Here's the best explanation I've given before:
Basically, it's my own version, the Siberian version, of the Japanese form of poetry called haiku. Three lines of non-rhyming verse, 17 total syllables: 5 in the first line, 7 in the second, and 5 in the last. That's haiku. And it's intense in its brevity! (Stormy taught me that word.) In Haik-woo, it's the same thing - except the last word is always "woo". That's my favorite thing to say, so I finish every poem with it. And it makes it even more challenging to say what you need to say in a limited "space".
This was a great tag, Dory and Bilbo! Thanks for including us! Going back through my old Haik-woo was fun and hopefully will inspire me to start writing again!

I'd like to tag the following bloggers:
Sadie, Isabella and Angel over at the Beaded Tail

If any of the rest of you would like to play, please do! (And if any of the tag-ees would rather not, we totally understand!)

Luv,
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment