Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Blizzard of '09

Hi everypuppy and everycat! It's me - Ammy! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that all who celebrate it are having a nice Boxing Day!

Were any of you singing that "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" song? In case it didn't quite pan out for you, please come on out to Ao4 Headquarters. We have plenty for everyone! Yep - a nice, old-fashioned blizzard for Christmas! Thanks, Santa!

Our dad took me and Zimmie on a special hike down the Hudson Trail today to enjoy the snow! He took pix of us with his iPhone and Storm said we should share some with you! Would you like to see? Let's get hiking!!!

Here's Zim out in front, breaking trail:

Zim breaking trail
Zimmie breaking trail

See how deep the snow is? We had lots and lots of blowing (30-over 40 mph wind gusts) so there was a lot of drifting. In some places the snow was nice and deep like this:

IMG_0262 Zim
Zim again!

And in other places, there was just an inch or two, like this:

IMG_0268 Zim
More Zimmie

Didn't Zimmie do a great job modeling the snow? Here I am:

IMG_0265 Ammy
A very happy me - Ammy!

I think you can tell what I thought of our hike from the look on my face!

Mom said I should point out, though, that the conditions out there have been treacherous. Along with the high winds and blowing snow, we've had bitterly cold temps! Sounds nice, doesn't it? Umm... if you're a Siberian Husky anyway.

When you're out on the trail having an adventure, it's important to stop and have some fun. Here I am, letting my instincts take over:

Ammy hunting
Oooh! What's down there? Is that a vole? Or a mouse?!? Or a mole?!!?

IMG_0288 Zim hunting
Where, Ammy?!? Where!?!?

Hee hee hee. That would be my "play drive", not my "prey drive". There wasn't anything down there. Hee hee hee. Faked Zimmie out!

4215415325_993c2daed4_o Zim
Funny, Am. Very funny.

He DOES look cute with the snow all over his face, though, doesn't he?

IMG_0279 Zim
Ya just never know. There could be something down there. I'll sit here and wait to see if anything pops up.

What's a girl to do but sit and keep her little brother company!?

IMG_0281 Ammy
You're right, Zim... you just never know!

Oddly, our daddy didn't want to sit there with us; he said something about wanting to keep moving and something about a hot cup of coffee.

We sure did have fun on our hike! Many thanks to our dad for taking us and for taking photos! (If you'd like to see more blizzard pix, please click here!) I hope you enjoyed coming along with us!

Love,
Ammy

No comments:

Post a Comment