Saturday, January 30, 2010

You Call This Snow?

Woo, everypup and everycat. It's me - Dave. The biped meteorologists said we were going to get 1-3 inches of snow night before last. Zim and I had great plans to go for a snowy romp ... I mean well-behaved walk in the snow yesterday. We checked the radar before bedtime and everything - and it looked like we were going to get pounded but good! Yeah, well. Here are a couple shots of us out on our walk in the "snow".

IMG_5361 Dave and Zim
This does NOT look like 1-3 inches to me! Can you believe this, Zim?

IMG_5363 Dave and Zim
Umm, Dave. You know who said we were just going to get a "light dusting", don't you?

Woo. Then it hit me. Previously, at Ao4 HQs...

IMG_5369_2 Ammy
Sniff... sniff...
My snowcast calls for a light dusting, with a chance of flurries throughout the day.

Ammy's never wrong! But I saw the radar myself! How does she know these things?!?! Woo.

Anyway, the girls took Mom for a walk after me and Zimmie did.

IMG_5370 Stormy and Ammy
Good weather call, Ammy! I didn't doubt you for a second!
Thank you, Stormy!

I don't know why anyone would listen to any other meteorologist! What was I thinking?!!? Sorry for doubting you, Ammy! Woo. In fact - there was a cool event last night that Am wants to tell you about, so let me pass the post over to her!

Luv,
Dave

Thank you, Davy! Hi everypuppy and everycat! It's me, Ammy, here with an Ao4 Weather Moment. Well, actually it's more like an Astronomy Moment... but close enough! Did you see the full moon last night? Did you know it was the biggest full moon we'll see this year? Because of the elliptical path of the moon's orbit, it was as close to earth as it gets! It's also called the "Wolf Moon"! You can read more about it here.

Mom and I took a couple photos to share with you. We had cloudy skies for the first one, but it's still pretty:

DSCN3614 29 JAN '10 Wolf Moon

And here's a shot after our skies cleared:

DSCN3626 29 JAN '10 Wolf Moon
Wolf Moon 2010

The snow sure didn't pan out like we had hoped, but the full moon was sure something to howl about. :) I hope you enjoyed the photos! Ha-rooooooo!

Love,
Ammy

No comments:

Post a Comment