Thursday, February 18, 2010

Let The Games Begin!

Ha roo, pups and cool-cats. It's me, Zim. I'm sure by now you've all heard the buzz about the Cat-O-Lympics!

Zim has entered the Cat-o-lympics!

My bestest friend Huffle Mawson, Explorer Cat, is hosting Competitive Napping. I thought that sounded like the perfect event for me! I've been training hard for this event for years! My main challenge was what napping pose to enter. I mean... I've got some great ones in my repertoire! Let me hyperlink you to some of my faves. I've got this one and this one in the biped bed. I think I could get extra points for re-making the bed and getting Sibe fur all over the covers - but really... I can do better than that. There is this up on the cat walk - how apropos would that be - Cat Walk Napping in the Cat-O-Lympics!? Ha roo roo roo. That was Ammy's idea. But something Huffle said kept coming back to me. She said, "See how I am napping in a spot that really, I was never meant to sleep in?" That's when it hit me. The sitzbank.

We have quite the history with our sitzbank. There was even an episode of CSI: Siberia that focused on it. The key point here though is that technically we are not allowed on the sitzbank. I've been working hard on changing Mom's whole outlook on it, but I'm not quite there. That hasn't stopped me using it as an outlook post or from napping up there. It's hard, hard work trying to wear Mom's resistance down, but I'm just the guy for the job.

I thought it was important for you to see the approach. Competitive Napping takes a high degree of skill, and there is finesse along every step in the routine. Without further ado, I give you my entry in Competitive Napping:

DSCN3968 Zim
Me. Zim. On the sitzbank where I'm not supposed to be.

Stormy said I should point out the rather defiant look on my face.

DSCN3969 Zim
Is she still there?

Those difficult maneuvers resulted in the napping pose you've seen before. Here is my favorite photo:

IMG_5204 Zim

I admit, I don't always have a flawless execution into napping. Sometimes my mom gets this crazy notion in her head that I should get down. I think she's afraid I'm training too hard. That's what happened the day of the approach shots. Sigh.

Good luck to my fellow competitors! And many thanks to Huffs for sponsoring this event!

Play bows,
Zim

No comments:

Post a Comment