Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Move 'Em On, Head 'Em Up!

Hi everypuppy and everycat, it's me - Ammy. Before I get started with today's post, I'd like to thank you for the prayers you're saying for our sweet friend Sitka, and for the kind words you've left on her blog! She's had her surgery and is recovering well at UGA; please keep those prayers coming!

For today's post, I thought I'd take you on an afternoon walk with the boys, Mom and myself. Please right click here, open it in another tab, and let it play in the background. Ready?

Near the beginning of our walk, there is a big hill we go up. I usually go over and herd Mom to help her out.

DSCN3809 Amber
Get along, Mom!

That's not the best picture of us, but you get the idea.

Our water tower is up at the top of that hill. Here's Dave, striking a pose:

DSCN3814 Dave
Dave

I think our city should use that in its tourism brochures, don't you?

We love getting to the top of the hill, then going down the other side, then exploring what's on the other side and stuff. Some of our friends saw this next picture on FaceBook, but it's quickly become a favorite around here - it's Zimmie flashing his million-dollar smile, showing Mom how much he loves our walks:

DSCN3811 Zim
Zim

No matter how far we go, Dave is never ready to turn around and head home - no matter how tired he is or anything! Here he is heading back up the far side of the water tower hill:

DSCN3810 Dave and Ammy
Dave and me - Ammy!

Mom said this is one of the times when she needs my herding skills the most. I told Davy to stop being such an Eeyore (you know who I mean!) and get up the hill! Mom said I am a great help to her!

Here I am on the home stretch, feeling happy and relaxed now that I got everyone back to Ao4 HQs, safe and sound:

DSCN3825 Amber
Me - Ammy - almost home!

I love having a job - especially one involving herding! What jobs do you like doing?

Oh! And we keep forgetting to post this sunset picture from a couple weeks ago! It's a panoramic shot Mom took; you can click it and see a larger version on our FlickR site, if you'd like!

2FEB10sunset
Sunset as seen from Ao4 HQs

Thanks for coming on our walk with us; I hope you enjoyed it!

Love,
Ammy

No comments:

Post a Comment