Thursday, February 25, 2010

OPA!

Woo, everypup and everycat. And "OPA!" It's me, Dave. Like Stormy said the other day, we had lots going on over the weekend and there's still more to tell you about! I drew KP Duty and saw Mom put together the yummiest dish. It's called "Moussaka". Mom makes her own version of her mom's recipe which is a very Americanized version of the Greek version. Woo. Anypuppy else getting a headache? Moving right along... let's have a look:

DSCN3991 Moussaka

I think you can see why I was happy to pull KP Duty. There was rice and fake meat (Boca Crumbles - a soy protein product) and spices and cinnamon and onions and zucchini and a creamy, cheesy Parmesan sauce. Is your mouth watering? I didn't want to let that dish out of my sight!

DSCN3994 Dave and the Moussaka
How 'bout a little taste?

Mom said, "
Not for Siberians." I offered to change my name to Damianos and learn how to yell "OPA!" instead of wooing, but it was still a no-go.

DSCN3993 Dave and the Moussaka
Oh, it's that "raisin" thing, isn't it? OK... how about one of those cucumber spears then?

It wasn't a total blow-out, though. Mom saved us some rice. That was a double bonus for me and Zim - it was just plain rice, so the girls both spit theirs on the floor and walked away; we got to have their share, too. Ha woo. Err... I mean OPA!

Luv,
Dave (call me Damianos)

No comments:

Post a Comment