Monday, February 22, 2010

New Bed For Zimmie!

Tail wags, dear readers, it's me - Stormy! It was a busy weekend here at Ao4 Headquarters; I think it will take a few days to tell you about it! I thought I'd start by telling you about the new bed that came in for Zim.

It might not seem like a big deal that a bed Mom ordered arrived - but she ordered it back in the beginning of December and was pretty much resigned to the fact that it would ever show up. But show up it did, and she was all excited about giving it to Zimmie. She let him try it out in the living room. At first, he wanted absolutely nothing to do with it (he has learned the ways of the Siberian sooooo very well!), but then realized it was a good spring board for play-wrestling and doing zoomies with Dave and used it for that! Well done, Zim!

IMG_5463 Dave and Zim
Dave and Zim. Zim's got the high ground!

Despite Zim not being interested in actually laying on it, Mom put it in his usual sleepy spot, washed his really cool polar bear blanket and his quilt, and put those on top of the bed. You know, she thought that would make it all cozy and "his" and that he'd like it. Here's how that went: (please excuse the poor quality of photos; these were taken at bed time)

IMG_5476 Zim
Hey! What's this under my really cool polar bear blanket and my quilt?

IMG_5477 Zim
It's that new bed! Hrumph!

Then he went and slept on another bed on the other side of the room.
Ha roo roo roo - that's my boy!

The next day, Mom tried showing Zim how comfy it was and asked me to help her out. Sure, anything for my puppy. I tested it out -

DSCN4005 Stormy
Hey, Zim! This isn't too bad!

He said he still wasn't sold on it.

DSCN4001 Stormy
But where are you going to sleep?

I was concerned for his comfort! He reassured me that he had found an alternative sleepy place.

DSCN4013 Zim
Ooooh... comfy. I'll be fine right here.

Then he said something about Mom could have it if she thought it was so comfy.

DSCN4012 Zim
Is she buyin' it?

Well, no. Not for bedtime. He did give it a trial last night for a few hours and napped on it a little bit after breakfast this morning. I think it'll work out eventually.

Tune in tomorrow for a look at the snow we got over the weekend!

Tail wags,
Storms

No comments:

Post a Comment