Thursday, April 8, 2010

Garden Blooms

Ha roo, pups and cool cats. It's me - Zim. We've all been out in the backyard lately, enjoying some one-on-one time with Mom. We love to run around and play back there, but sometimes, you just have to take it a bit slower and stop to enjoy the gardens. I thought I'd tour the gardens a bit myself, seeing if anything is blooming out back. Want to come with me? Let's go.

At first, I ran down to the Eskimo Viburnum; Ammy told me she had seen Oswald Lapin run out from under them and into the neighbors' yard. Wow, did I have fun exploring in there, but then for some odd reason, Mom hooked me up to the 30-foot long leash (once she caught me ... ha roo roo roo!) and made me trail that behind me. She wasn't holding it or anything, but that's our reminder to behave. I'm not sure why it works, but it does. I decided to check the middle tier instead.

DSCN4532 Zim
"Yep, looks like Mom and Dad pruned the Spirea and the ornamental grasses..."

DSCN4533 Zim
Zimmle Mawson, Explorer Pup!

I walked around that tier and didn't find anything blooming, so I went over to the north-west corner.

DSCN4541 Zim
"Oh, yeah! This is more like it!"

It's some of our
Texas Quince! (We have that all over the place!) I just had to sit there and admire its beauty. Can you feel the Zen of Zim? Would you like a couple close-ups? Here you go, garden enthusiasts!

DSCN4538 Texas Quince

DSCN4542 Texas Quince

Look at all that RED! I had to go in for a close-up myself!

DSCN4540 Zim
"Oh, YEAH! Deeeee-licious!"

DSCN4543 Zim
"...err... I mean 'beautiful'! Smell nice, too.
What's that, Mom? Time to go in already? Time sure flies in the garden!"

Hope you enjoyed today's garden tour with me! We'll keep you posted on what's blooming as the season progresses!

Play bows,
Zim

No comments:

Post a Comment