Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Interesting...

Ha roo, pups and cool cats! It's me - Zim! As many of you know, part of my duties here at Ao4 HQs involves helping Mom run errands. She has a terrible sense of direction and it's up to me to navigate for her. Having said that, sometimes we veer off the beaten path and find all kinds of cool stuff!

Back in the wintertime, when the weather was really great, we found these guys, for example:

DSCN3494 Zim spots potential friends.
"Oh, cool! Pull over, Mom! I want to go play!"

I mean, seriously! Check these guys out!

DSCN3493 Cows.  Very muddy cows.

Does that look like a great place to get out of the car and play or
what?!?! Oddly enough, Mom refused to let me go make friends. I'll never understand that kind of thinking!

Anyway, the other day I made a rather interesting discovery! Way back in '07 Dave showed you the place where
Moo Cows go to learn how to make butter (follow that link to read Dave's explanation!) and do the other things that cows do. It's the Purebred Beef Teaching Center at K-State, near our vets. Hmm. I had sort of forgotten all about that ... until I was driving around that same vicinity with Mom. Check out what I saw!

IMG_6131 Equine Education Center
The sign reads, "Equine Education Center". And "Be a Part of the Future!"

What?!?! Why would horses need to go to school?!? And what's that "Be a Part of the Future!" thing all about!!?!! Are they planning to take over the world or something?!!? This is interesting, pups and kits. This is verrrrrrrrrrry interesting.

I checked their website and part of it read, "K-State’s equine education center will house classrooms, hands-on laboratories and state of the art workout and performance arenas and stalls...." Wow. Their own gym and everything. What to make of this?!!?

Rest assured I'm going to keep my nose to the ground over this one! I'll keep you posted on any new developments.

Play bows,
Zim

No comments:

Post a Comment