Saturday, April 3, 2010

Super Secret ... Saturday!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats! It's me, Zim! Due to tomorrow being Easter, I thought I'd move this week's installment of our super secret visit up to today. Everyone's been so great about keeping our secret so far ... now remember: not a word to Huffle's parents! They think she's home with Uncle Heath in Australia while they're off on vacation! Huffle very cleverly pre-scheduled some Wordless Wednesday posts as a diversion. I love how sneaky that is!

Anyroo, you saw us last Sunday up on the catwalk. I thought I'd back up a bit and tell you about Huffle's arrival. When she first arrived, I figured she'd be mighty thirsty. Before showing her the guest rooms (I reserved both guest rooms and the private bath for her), I showed her where our water bowls are.

HuffZimWater
Hey Huffs! If you're thirsty, the water bowls are right here!
Zim, your mom is everywhere with that flashy beast!

I should have warned her. The pup-arazzi are all over the place here!

After we got a drink, I took her upstairs to show her around. I had a special surprise waiting for her up there - an old friend of hers who couldn't wait to say "hello"!

I took her into the back bedroom first. I told her to go on in and that there was a surprise in there for her!

HuffsBackGuestRoom
"Is it a good surprise, Zimmie?"

Can you see him up there on the bed? Let's zoom in for a close-up!

DSCN4356 Roger the Rat
"HUFFLE!!!!!!!!"

It's her old friend
Roger the Rat!!! They had a lot of catching up to do, then Roger helped show Huffs around the rest of the upstairs. (Mom has a ridiculous rule about "no Siberians on the guest beds", so I let Rog give her the tour.)

Here they are in the front guest room:

RogerHuffleGuestRoom1
"Huffle, you and I have the run of both guest rooms..."

On the rocking chair, there's a sort of puzzle-cat pillow. Roger thought Huffs would like that.

DSCN4358 Roger the Rat
"It's pink and purple, Huffs! You like both of those colors!"

Huffs looked around a little bit...

DSCN4360 Front Guest Room
Comfy!

...and she noticed the sunflowers and one ruby red slipper on the dresser.

DSCN4361 Front Guest Room

Huffs wondered about the
one ruby red slipper ... and I reminded her of the story. (Please click here and here.) Ha roo roo roo! We all had a great laugh over that one!

Huffle has settled in nicely and we've all been having a blast together! More to come next week, but in the meantime... we've got some Easter menu planning to do!

ZimHuffHam
"Yeah, Huffs! Many Americans eat HAM on Easter. It's a tradition!"
"HAM!?!?!"
"Zzzzz....."

You can see Roger and I are a bit worn out from all the activities during the week! I think Huffle is excited about the prospect of ham!

Play bows (and remember - mum's the word!),
Zim
(and Huffle and Roger!)

No comments:

Post a Comment