Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Cauldron Spits Back



I love my wife. See, here I am checking my mail right before our wedding ceremony (j/k, I was turning the Blackberry off). But on some level, I will never forgive her, or anyone she's related to, for causing me to miss the game above. This was Gil, full-throttle, trying a one-man takedown against a Suns team that was running away with games by like twenty points. Except I was at her parents' house for a certain pagan festival where some dead guys dies again and comes back to life every year, so I didn't see it.

I rip off the scabs in the name of a contest to award one of you a FREE BROADBAND ACCOUNT, courtesy of the NBA itself. All you have to do is offer up a similar anecdote of a game you were forced to miss due to League Pass-denial, or one you watched and thought "thank heavens for League Pass." Do this in the comments section.

Actually, to be perfectly honest, I had Broadband at the time, but this was an NBA-TV game. And themarkpike actually sent me a VHS of the game after the fact. Still, watching that Gamecast on my laptop has to be one of the three or four most agonizing sports-related experiences of my life. Share you sadness, and your glory, and I will judge whose is most worthy.

Nationally and locally televised games are subject to blackout and are therefore not available via NBA LEAGUE PASS BROADBAND (regardless of whether team is home or away). This contest is for US participants only.

By entering the sweepstakes you agree to release Sponsor, the NBA Entities, FreeDarko and their respective affiliates and agencies from any and all liabilities for injuries, damages or losses of any kind to in connection with the sweepstakes, prize or any prize-related activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment