Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Insights Into Our Walks

Ha roo, pups and kit-cats! It's me - Zim! Remember the great photo we showed you over the weekend of all of us walking together? Storm said I could share some more pix from that walk with you today. It was so nice and cold and windy... if only we'd had snow, it would have been perfect!

I thought I'd give you more of an inside look into our walks. It's not all "straight ahead and pull like a ... well... like a Siberian Husky" - though we certainly do a lot of that! Check out this picture of Stormy and me:

DSCN2414 Storm & Zim
Storm and me (Zim)

Stormy had just told me a really funny joke. Ammy's not the only comedian in the family; Storm can be a riot when you get her going!

Speaking of Ammy, let's look over and see what she's doing:

DSCN2415 Ammy herding Mike
Ammy. Herding.

That's right. She's herding Dad. She loves to herd him and Mom. She's really good at it, too. Did you know the Chukchi tribesmen used our ancestors to herd reindeer? Yep. Pulling sleds, keeping bipeds warm, and herding reindeer. Pretty cool, huh? So Ammy likes to honor our ancestors and do a little herding as we go.

On this walk, Dave was pretty much all about the pulling, so he's in the group shots in the end.

And me? I love to explore everything, stop and smell the roses (or whatever) along the way, meet new friends - you know! Anyway, that day was no different ... and look! A new fluffy friend!

DSCN2418 Zim & the Wooly Bear
Ha roo!?!

He was pretty cool. Loved his colors and his fluff. Here's a shot of just him:

Please understand that I did not hurt my new friend, Mr. Wooly Bully; I was very gentle. He even tried to follow us on our walk, but couldn't quite keep up.

Here's another one of Ammy's favorite tricks:

DSCN2424 Ammy
Oh, wait... I smell something really important over here...

Stormy is so proud of Amber's bamboozling skills! Or as Storm likes to say, "Who put the 'am' in 'bamboozle'?" Ha roo roo roo - I told you Storm is funny!

Lastly, here's a collage of all four of us, enjoying the day together:

collagewalk23oct09

You can click that to go to FlickR for a larger view, if you'd like! And remember our leash color-coding: Stormy is red, Ammy is green, Dave is purple, and I am blue!

Thanks for coming on our walk with us!

Play bows,
Zim

No comments:

Post a Comment