Friday, October 9, 2009

Photo Finish Friday - Us, Too!

Woo, everypup and everycat. Dave here. Did you see Ammy's post yesterday? Yep. She got to go to that Top of the World place. Just her and my mom! MY mom! Woo. Sure, I got to do something else with Mom that day - but I've never been to the Top of the World! So the very next day, before Mom could finish her, "Who wants to..." question, Zimmie and I both flew to the door! The bad news is that she had tweaked her knee a little the day before and didn't want to have both of us pulling her out of the Celica onto her bad knee. The good news is that when she said she couldn't take both of us boys, Dad said he'd go with us! That meant boys' day out! With Mom. It was great!

We all piled into the RAV4 and headed out.

DSCN2160 Dave and Zim  2 OCT 09
Does Dad know where he's going, Zim? Maybe you should navigate!

Zim wasn't sure - but Mom said Dad knew how to get there. You don't think she took him up there without us? Woo, can you imagine?

Ammy told me lots of stuff about the Top of the World and mentioned that it was incredibly windy when she was up there the day before. I thought, "Just how windy can it BE!?!" Then I got my answer..

DSCN2161 Dave 2 OCT 09
Wind gusts of 40 mph.

OK, she was right - but we didn't let that stop us from doing lots of cool exploring! Zim and Mom led the way down the gravel road; Dad and I were next!

DSCN2165 Mike and Dave 2 OCT 09

It was every bit as cool as Zim said it would be!

Dad and I took the lead for a while - I like to be in the front!

DSCN2166 Dave  2 OCT 09
Let's go, Dad!

Then the gravel road ended, but Zim said he knew a really cool path. I relinquished the lead to him - he's a really great scout!

DSCN2169 Zim  2 OCT 09
This way, Dave!

Here's a look back at me and Dad:

DSCN2171 Dave and Mike  2 OCT 09

It was a blast! Zim led us a long, long way down this path:

DSCN2172  2 OCT 09

Tomorrow, I'll show you where he took us and what all we saw!

Thanks for coming along! Woo, the Top of the World is so exciting!!!

Luv,
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment