Thursday, October 29, 2009

Some of My Duties

Woo, everypuppy and everycat. Dave here, Guide Dog for the Color Blind. As some of you know, since our mom is color blind, she counts on me and my color-sense to guide her in her work. I thought I'd show you a little bit of what I do.

Here I am, checking out some new fabric we got in.

DSCN2294 Dave with new fabric

Purple batik with butterflies and posies. Mighty nice! I gave Mom my approval, then she popped it in the washing machine. That's one of my duties - to make sure Mom buys nice quality fabs in cool colors!

When Mom gets a new order in for a bag, sometimes then client has seen some of the fabs we have on hand (or "on paw") and asks Mom to build a bag using that as the focal fabric. A current customer saw a cool "aviator blue" fab with what looks like a black lace over-lay on Mom's blog and really liked it! Mom took it outside to photograph it for a clear look at the color before getting the final "OK!" then showed me what we were going to be working with.

DSCN2299 Dave
"Blue? I love blue!"

It's important for me to see the colors in the right light - so I can do my coordinating.

As soon as Mom opens to door to the downstairs, I know it's time to race down to the Studio and get to work! Here I am, at the ready!

DSCN2393 Dave at the ready
"Let's get to work, Mom!"

You can tell we're in the middle of a bunch of projects because there's stuff all over the cutting table!

After some hard matching and coordinating decisions, it's good to take a break.

DSCN2397 Dave on Break

Mom's good about letting me pace myself.

Mom was recently asked to make a special bag for an up-coming fund-raiser. She decided to make a Deeve Bag -- the bag named after me. Woo! Her friend Bonz designed some really cool fabrics and sent us a couple of them (you should be able to see her fabs by clicking here) and we'll feature them in the bag! We'll tell you more about the fund-raiser as the time gets closer. In the meantime, Mom asked me to check them out, so we could choose coordinating fabrics.

DSCN2454 New Fabric
"These are the coolest fabrics I've ever seen!"

Needless to say, I really like these! I chose some cool stuff to go with them; just wait 'til you see the bag we're making!

Not only do I help coordinate the fabrics, but if Mom tries to put things together that don't go, I "woo" at her until she gets the message. I also make sure she takes breaks to rub my tummy or get a hug. And then there are times where Mom thinks we should be working in the Studio, but the rest of us have other ideas. This picture is from one of those times -- just this weekend:

IMG_4126 Mike and the Ao4
Stopping for a photo opp: Ammy, Storm, Zim and me (Dave); Dad in the back

I mean, really. It was the weekend! Besides, she needed some exercise.

So... those are just some of my duties as Guide Dog for the Color Blind. Thanks for coming to work with me!

Luv,
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment